POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 22 Jul 1999 19:20:11
Message: <379772ee.16572392@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:13:41 -0500, "MR" <a### [at] bnet> wrote:

>hello,
>
>i've been playing with pov now for almost 6 months, and for that
>time i've been caught up in writing equations for humanoid motion,
>and have learned precious little about pov itself and even less
>about moray and spatch.
>
>well, the motion equations are written, and i have a system set up
>that i can at least use, and i'm ready to banish my stick figure
>composed of cylinders and spheres for a little more life-like
>figure.
>
>what would you suggest that i use to construct the various body
>parts with?  meshes?  i get the feeling that moray or spatch might
>be handy for constructing them.  i've gone thru most of the moray
>tutorial, but i can't say that any particular process has jumped out
>at me and said, "use this to model a face."

I'd suggest (going by the images produced) taking a look at the
blob-man include file...

Failing that, possibly borrowing some 3D meshes from around the net?
(3D Cafe and the like).

There's at least 1 tutorial on making human heads with sPatch, though
I can't offhand think where it is :(

The biggest problem with using meshes would probaly be the joints -
problems that blobman almost certainly doesn't suffer from.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail